Choorna Pinda Swedan for Full Body Massage
Churna Pinda Swedan (Podikizhi) is the ayurvedic technique of fomentation in which cotton bags filled with a hot a mixture of herbs are used. In this case the cotton bags will be used for the full body massage. In podikizhi, Cotton bags are rhythmical dabbed and massage is carried out simultaneously. Podikizhi is the common type of ayurvedic massage techniques that helps in alleviating pain and reduces swelling occurred due to arthritis, muscular spasm and rheumatism. The Choorna Pinda Swedan for Full Body Massage is beneficial for:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Muscular spasm, muscular pain
- Muscular sprain and stiffness
- Swelling on joints due to osteoarthritis
- Post trauma or sports injury rehabilitation
- Paralysis and other neurological diseases
- Body Relaxation
- Podikizhi increases the peripheral blood supply, so it also helps in improving complexion of the skin.
- It relieves body ache and strengthens muscles and skin.
- It is also a good technique for relaxation and relieves stress.
- It has detoxifier properties for the skin, removes the toxins through the pores of the skin, and lowers the tendency of skin diseases.
Duration of procedure & course of the treatment
Each session of this treatment takes about 25 to 105 minutes. The duration of treatment varies from 7 to 21 days depending on the severity of the condition.