The glowing skin and a slimmer face are some of the most sought things after beauty desirables. One technique that can instantly make this dream a reality is facial massage!
Stimulating the face muscles with regular massage helps to bring oxygen to that area—which is a natural form of anti aging skin care in itself. “More blood flow to the area increases collagen production, which gives a healthy and natural glow to the complexion,” says Baba.
If you’ve ever wondered why your skin is always glowing after a facial, it’s not just to do with expensive face oils; it’s a massaging technique that literally lifts and awakens your skin. The right movements will boost circulation, drain your lymph glands – aka de-bloat your face – and can lift the contours of your cheekbones. The best bit is it’s super easy to do, and you’ll notice a major difference in your skin and facial shape – it’s like a natural facelift. People who do this daily will end up with younger and firmer looking skin as they age, and are more likely to have healthy, even-toned skin.
It’s not like you have to dedicate hours of your time either; you can work facial massage into your cleansing routine, do it while you’re watching TV, or just putting on your nightly layer of face oil. The whole point of facial massage is it’s easy af, and you can do it for 5 minutes a day or 20; it’s up to you and your schedule. Facial massage is super relaxing and feels so good; you’ll probably end up doing it for a whole episode of friends anyway.
So how does facial massage work?
By applying pressure on acupressure points (honestly, it’s not complicated), and by sweeping your fingers across your face in the right directions, you’ll move blood through congested areas, stimulate blood flow, and provide your facial muscles with more oxygen for recovery. Think about it, you have 43 muscles in your face, and you’re always using them – they need some TLC (Tender Loving Care). There are also techniques which help with lymphatic drainage, so basically making your face look less puffy. By doing sweeping motions in the direction of your lymph drainage points, you can help drain your lymph system of excess fluid. We love to do this before an event, or even in the morning when we’re feeling a bit puffy.
Benefits Of Facial Massage:
- Promotes Blood Circulation In Skin. A facial massage can promote blood circulation in your skin and boost its overall health.
- Delays The Signs Of Ageing.
- Boosts Collagen Production.
- Improves The Skin’s Elasticity.
- Combats Under-eye Bags And Dark Circles.
- Detoxifies The Skin.
- Tightens The Facial Muscles.
- Makes Your Skin Glow.
- Promotes Blood Circulation In Skin A facial massage can promote blood circulation in your skin and boost its overall health. And a better blood circulation can effectively nourish and rejuvenate the skin cells, leading to a younger-looking skin.
- Delays The Signs Of Ageing This is another incredible benefit of getting a facial massage. It delays the signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles from appearing. It reduces the formation of fine lines and delays wrinkles around the eyes and mouth area.
- Boosts Collagen Production Loss of collagen in your skin can lead to various unpleasant and unappealing skin conditions. However, regular facial massage can prevent collagen breakdown in your skin and keep unsightly conditions at bay.
- Improves The Skin’s Elasticity Facial massage is a good way to improve the skin’s elasticity. This all-natural method can significantly improve your skin’s elasticity and make it more firm. Apart from that, it can prevent free radicals and make sure that your skin looks its absolute best.
- Combats Under-eye Bags And Dark Circles Under-eye bags and dark circles are often a result of water retention in the skin. And, when it comes to combating water retention, there are very few methods that are as effective as a massage. A proper facial massage can prevent fluid retention in your eye area and help you get rid of the unsightly under-eye bags and dark circles for good.
- Detoxifies The Skin On a daily basis, your skin is exposed to various impurities and toxins that can get accumulated in the pores and cause unsightly breakouts. That is why, it is incredibly important to detoxify the skin from time to time. And, the best way to do that would be by massaging your face. It can eliminate gunk from your skin pores and prevent unwanted breakouts.
- Tightens The Facial Muscles Facial sagging can be an unpleasant condition to deal with. A good massage can control the skin from sagging and tighten the facial muscles. So, help your face overcome sagging by making this beauty method a part of your beauty routine.
- Makes Your Skin Glow A facial massage can bring in a radiant glow on to your facial skin. That is why, skin care experts often urge women with dull-looking skin to get a massage done. This technique can rejuvenate your skin from well under the surface and lead to a glowing skin.